Call for Proposals, Special Issue 2025
Journal for the History of Knowledge – Call for Proposals, Special Issue 2025
The Journal for the History of Knowledge features an annual special issue, compiled by guest editors, which explores a theme central to the journal’s scope. The special issues of previous years have been Histories of Bureaucratic Knowledge (2020), Histories of Ignorance (2021) and Situated Nature (2022).
We are currently accepting proposals for the 2025 Special Issue. Proposals should contain the following:
- A description of the proposed theme (1500-2000 words) highlighting its significance for the history of knowledge
- A table of contents (typically 8-12 articles of 8000 words)
- Abstracts of the articles
- Two-page CVs of the editors; short biographies of the contributors
- An outline of the production process up to manuscript submission. All manuscripts must be submitted to the journal by 1 May 2024.
Please send your proposal to: email@example.com
Proposal deadline: 1 May 2023
Notification of acceptance: by 30 June 2023
After submission, all manuscripts will go through a process of peer-review, author’s revisions, and copy-editing. JHoK is a diamond Open Access journal, at no charge to the authors. The journal will be available in print (on demand) at Brepols Publishers.