The Journal for the History of Knowledge, to be launched in 2020, includes an annual special issue, compiled by guest editors, which explores a theme central to its scope.
We are currently accepting proposals for the Fall 2021 Special Issue.
Proposals should contain the following:
- A description of the proposed theme (1500-2000 words) highlighting its significance for the history of knowledge
- A table of contents (typically 8-12 articles, more is negotiable)
- Abstracts of the articles
- Two-page CVs of the editors; short biographiess of the contributors
- An outline of the production process up to manuscript submission. All manuscripts must be submitted to the journal by Summer 2020.
Please send your proposal to all three editors:
Sven Dupré (email@example.com);
Ilja Nieuwland (firstname.lastname@example.org), and
Geert Somsen (email@example.com).
Proposal deadline: 16 December 2019
Notification of acceptance: before 29 February 2020
After submission, all manuscripts will go through a process of peer-review, author’s revisions, and copy-editing. JHoK is an Open Access journal, in principle at no charge to the authors.
Details of the journal's scope can be found here
A full list of the editorial team and advisory editorial board is available here.